Thursday 13 October 2016

Blogtober16 - What's in your fridge?

You might have thought I missed a post yesterday, but I'd actually done a "What's in your bag" post a few months ago. As required yesterday, click here if you felt you missed something.


































Today's blogtober post asks what is in my fridge.

In terms of fridges, there are two types of people, when it comes to fridges and anything in the home. There are those who show their personality with various ornaments, magnets or nick-nacks. Then of course there are those who I can only describe as the magnolias. If this was my own home, it would be covered in ornaments from russian dolls, souvenirs from amazing holidays and pictures of great events; pictures in every room.


































This is where living at my parents comes in handy - there is only an empty fridge a day or two before going shopping. We went food shopping in Aldi yesterday so I have quite a full fridge.

If I was living alone, there would be so much less fresh food. My cooking abilities are rubbish; I have no confidence in cooking and am almost fearful to try. The only things I've mastered are beans on toast, pasta, and different soups.My fridges are usually full of cheese, gammon, bacon, yoghurts, milk (for cereal mostly) and a selection of ready meals.

With minimum cooking expertise and being a fussy eater, I find it hard to be healthy. I would do anything to lose some weight, and keep motivated. Does anyone have any tips for someone who doesn't like most vegetables?

My parents are going away for a few days too, so it is relatively tame for my Mum's food shops.



































Here is what I found in the fridge today:
  • 4 x Semi-Skimmed Milk
  • Brasserie Premium Lager
  • 2 x Sausage Roll
  • Wiltshire Cured Ham
  • Pieces of chicken for dogs
  • 2 x Lemon Cheesecake Desserts
  • Macaroni Cheese (ready meal)
  • Butternut Squash (freshly-made)
  • 2 packs of Gammon Steaks
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Wholegrain Mustard
  • Green Curry Paste
  • Coconut Oil
  • Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • 2 packs of Chicken Breast Fillets
  • Pork Chipolatas
  • 3 x Rump Steaks
  • 2 x Beef Medallion Steaks
  • Streaky Bacon Rashers
  • Chicken Korma with Pilau Rice (ready meal)
  • Grated Cheese 
  • 2 packs of Cheese
  • Cheese Slices
  • Soured Cream
  • Tomato Puree 
  • Carrots
  • Parsnips (can assure I don't eat these)
  • Sprouts (Yuck!)
  • Coleslaw
  • Jam
  • Ketchup
  • Mayonnaise
  • Marmalade
  • Pack of Lemon Greek Yoghurts
  • Creme Fraiche 
  • Aldi's version of Muller Corners
  • Lemon Tart (Cake)
Hope you liked this post. I know it feels like the equivalent of people posting their meals on Facebook, which I normally find dull, so I genuinely appreciate if you made it to the end of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment