According to the zodiac my strengths are supposed to include being observant, intuitive, loyal, passionate, ambitious, dynamic, faithful, brave, focused, resourceful and balanced. I agree with a few of these, but I'm no sure about some of them:
- Observant - Considering it typically takes me two weeks to realise that someone has had their hair done, I'm not sure this applies to me...
- Intuitive - Again, I don't think this applies to me as I feel that I lack the ability to gage what most people are thinking, and know how to broach some subjects.
- Loyal - I definitely agree with this one. I can't think of many examples, but growing up I used to have long crushes on guys at school. I would feel disloyal or unfaithful to like anyone else.
- Passionate - I'm not sure this is one I could give many examples, or prove that I am. That being said, I feel like if there is a topic I care strongly about, I will go the extra mile. However, I feel most would.
- Ambitious - I used to think I was, but now I'm not too sure. From about 11/12, I wrote my bucket list and have been impressed with the things I've achieved. However I tend to focus on whether I can do something rather than pushing myself excessively to reach goals.
- Dynamic - I'm not sure I do anything different to most, but I'm told that I think differently or don't think the same. Take that as you will!
- Faithful - Like I discussed in loyal, I stay faithful to those I care for. I've not had many relationships, but have never cheated or even had two guys on the go at the same time.
- Brave - You could say I used to be. I'm quite anxious as of late, but in the past I've completed a tandem skydive, bungee jump and climbed the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. As part of fundraising for charity, these are by far my proudest achievements. I think moving to new places and travelling to Europe on a tour with nobody I know might be too!
- Focused - I'd mostly agree with this. I didn't need my parents to force me to do homework or keep on top of studies, I just did it. I only procrastinated in my final year of uni under the stress of it all.
- Balanced - Not sure I understand the real meaning behind this one. Does it mean you have a good work/home balance? Really not sure about this one.
- Resourceful - I'd say I am, but can't really think of any examples to prove it.
|Being brave before doing my bungee jump, March 2014.|
Typical negatives for scorpios include being obsessive, secretive, jealous, manipulative resentful and suspicious. I agree with some, but don't think anyone likes thinking of themselves in a negative light:
- Obsessive - I hate to admit it, but I can definitely be obsessive. I have a bad day, and obsess about all the things I did wrong and it goes over and over in my head. Then I get a migraine! I also get easily obsessed with things like games, TV programmes or particular hobbies. Once I start something, I can be completely obsessed!
- Secretive - I would describe myself as an open book, and therefore I'm not sure this is accurate. I tend to tell people I bond with - everything about myself good or bad. However if you tell me something in confidence, I'm likely to take that secret to my grave.
- Jealous - I don't think I am a jealous person, but that being said I think it is great that I was raised as the only child because I did like being the one that got lots of attention on birthdays or special occasions. Jodie like Joey does not share food! I'm not sure I would have coped sharing with other siblings. I mean I hated that my mum would tell her friends things when I was younger, but not me. I couldn't understand why because she was an adult and I wasn't, it wasn't appropriate for me to know some things.
- Manipulative - I'm not sure anyone would like to admit to this one. Although I wouldn't say I am, I would say from fundraising, I can be good at persuading people to give or do things for charity that they have initially been hesitant to do. Last year I persuaded two friends to do an abseil off the Forth Rail Bridge.
- Resentful - I definitely don't think this is a quality I possess. I know nobody would admit such a quality, but to me this can come under jealousy too. When people achieve something they deserve, I can only feel happiness (even if I don't like that person).
- Suspicious - I am definitely a suspicious person. I remember one year at school, knowing that my friends were up to something and suddenly feeling very left out. They would stop talking when I approached them. Turned out that I'd got loads of people to sign a massive birthday card for me in my final year of school. This was also about eight months before I was due to move to Aberdeen, and I would not see a lot of them again. I can safely say that I hate surprises. Someone saying something like I have a surprise for you, you'll get it next month for your birthday is a nightmare to me. I hate not knowing. This characteristic is meant to be very typical of a scorpio, and it has been advised not to hide things from them. Please don't!
|Proud moment collecting my first cheque for charity|
Most interesting, I read that scorpios are perfectly suited to any form of business that makes a difference in the world, impacts people and society. That must explain my love of charity work and why I aspire to progress in a fundraising career.
It is also said that typically scorpios are:
- Not afraid to ditch a plan and try another (I feel you kind of have to, as life is unpredictable). They want to be around people who also think like this.
- Social butterflies, who are fiercely independent (agree with the first part, but I think living with my parents at 23 disproves the second part)
- people who love to be in control (not sure about this one)
The things I read have advised that people are always honest with scorpio friends and in return you'll gain an amazing friend you'll never forget, who will be loyal to you and never make false promises.
In conclusion, I was surprised how much I agreed with. I always find horoscopes to be a bit of fun with little seriousness to them. However, it made me second guess that idea. What is your zodiac sign and do you believe that it fits your personality?