First of all, I thought I'd start with Maxfactor because I remember almost growing up with my mum using the brand. I've never had any issues using their products and recommend it to anyone. All products are a reasonable price and last.
They are known for their amazing mascaras, and I love a few from them including:
- Maxfactor False LashEffect Mascara - I hear that the formula might have changed since I last used it, and many people don't like it, but thought I'd still include it as it's one that comes to mind when describing favourite mascaras.
- Maxfactor Masterpiece Max Mascara - This reminds me of my mum as she used to use this all the time, but in waterproof. It was safely the first mascara I fell in love with.
I'm also keen to try their Velvet Volume False Lash Effect mascara because I hear it's one of their best yet. Growing up loving Maxfactor and even using its products for special occasions such as my graduation, I know I can rely on their products. I love their lip products, foundations, blushers and mascaras of course. I even used to wear their nail polishes before discovering favourite nail brands like Barry M, Nails Inc and O.P.I.
If you haven't tried Maxfactor before I definitely recommend it. It is promoted to be used by makeup artists and still love it. I bought one of their lip products recently. Anyone who knows me will know I rarely wear lipsticks or lipglosses. I hate them! Not lipfinity, it lasts and fades gradually. I tested it on my hand, and three days later and after a shower and cleansing my hand it's still kinda there. Not as noticeable but it is hard to shift! I like how easy it goes on, and actually used the last one up. How often do women do that? Anyway back to mascaras...
Look article I'd read of best mascaras. I thought it would be fun to buy as it's not as expensive as my usual favourite Benefit mascaras (as discussed here). I found this easy to build volume fast which is what you need, lasts all day and isn't clumpy as it says on the labelling (sometimes the labels lie though). It is a lovely brush to use, and recommend to anyone wanting a decent mascara at a good price. Look describes it as a "volume-inducing mascara" that has "many fans voting it their ultimate under £10 mascara for gorgeously thick lashes." Makeup artists are even said to love it as it separates, lengthens and curls. I have to agree. Having trichotillomania means I feel the need to make sure it is not clumpy, as it emphasises gaps on eyelinds, and also makes me want to pull my lashes more. If it can separate MY lashes and clump, I think it suits anyone! I will also hope to burn through more of the Look mascara recommendations, but I have a lot of mascaras to use up just now.
Next, I thought I'd describe my two favourite Benefit mascaras. I love Rollerlash and They're Real! mascaras from Benefit. I know I've already discussed these briefly in my recent Benefit post, but thought I'd go into more detail about just why they are so great.
Unlike other mascaras, it is so easy to remove which is part of the issue. You rub and rub and take all your eyelashes off! Not with this, it also has lash-conditioning benefits; it includes provitamin B5 and serin. I even love the brush for this product. It pushes up lashes - even those stubborn ones that push down and it also stops you reaching for the curlers!
They're Real is fab! It's a favourite with a few of my friends too. It adds length fast and can separate lashes well. This is what I'm using at the moment.
This one is apparently Benefit's most popular mascara and I can see why. It does what it says it does. It adds length, volume and I also love how black your eyelashes are with it (if you buy the jet black of course - they do have it in brown and maybe other colours). I also love how it manages to pick lashes you haven't seen like the blonde ones or the smaller ones area the corner of your eye etc. It's just great!
Bourjois Paris Volume Glamour mascara is so great they have bought other extensions of Volume Glamour including:
- Volume Glamour Ultra Black mascara
- Volume Glamour Max Mascara - This apparently adds 10x volume and lasts an incredible 16 hours!
- Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara
- Volume Glamour Push up Mascara
- Volume Glamour Ultra Care Mascara - This is great as it states that 3 weeks after use, lashes will be stronger and more resistant. It is made for sensitive eyes, and really works to nourish and help fight against harsh external factors such as pollution and air conditioning.
- Volume Glamour Ultra Curl Mascara - This is recommended by Look, and sounds the best adaptation that I will try when I have a Bourjois craving!
Hope you enjoyed the post, and let me know if you have tried any of these. Alternatively I'd like to hear if there are mascaras you wish I had mentioned or think that I should try.