Wednesday 7 February 2018

I'm off to Oz

It finally hit me that I'm off to Oz!






































Australia has been a dream for so long. It's somewhere I can't explain, but I've always wanted to go. It could be seeing kangaroos and koalas; it could be the active lifestyle or the lovely weather. I actually can't remember why it started to appeal, but I have always had this feeling that it's something I just need to do. I am honestly so nervous that I will somehow not get to Sydney to start my tour. I'm also terrified that I will get homesick or not enjoy it. That's why it's probably best that I've only opted to do it for a month, instead of the year I couldn't frankly afford to do.

I know I will miss my dogs, other people's dogs, my friends and family. I know I will eat something I don't like and I know I will sleep while travelling somewhere. However I know this will probably be the biggest adventure of my life. I'm beyond excited. Here is just a quick list of activities I am most excited for:

  • Hot air balloon
  • Helicopter ride
  • Zoo
  • Great barrier reef
  • Kangaroo island
  • Aboriginal cultural centre visit
  • Alice spring park
  • Sydney opera house

Lots of people have asked where exactly in Australia, so here it is!

My tour begins in Sydney, where I will meet the rest of my tour group (and hopefully make new friends). In Sydney I'm looking forward to just walking around, visiting the Sydney Opera House and Taronga Zoo.

From there, I am looking forward to going to Hunter Valley for wine tasting and continuing onto Tamworth for country living. 

Then it will off to the beautiful Byron Bay for surfing lessons, brilliant Brisbane and Noosa Everglades. I'm even excited to visit the world's largest sand island A.K.A.Fraser Island.

I will also go to Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Cairns, Alice Springs, Uluru, Port Campbell and end in the marvellous Melbourne. If you have any tips while I visit these places, please let me know.

I'm not sure how to end this, I type this the eve before my last working day in the UK. I'm off to a wonderful place. I hope there aren't any Jodie-shaped disasters, get lots of pictures and it's everything I dreamt of.

1 comment:

  1. Are you on the right plane??? :) The office is so quiet already

    ReplyDelete